Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weight and measurements

Good Morning all! Ok, (deep breath) this morning I weighed 168.8lbs. Ugh...it's embarrassing to see it in print! I guess if I were to look on the bright side I'd say, "well, at least it's less than I weighed before I started having kids!" Or, "it's less than I was when I got married". But the truth is, it's embarrassing...it's too much, and I don't like it. There are a million excuses out there...it's too hot to exercise (but I have a treadmill in the front room), the kids take too much of my time (but they play nicely as I sit here and type) etc, etc. The truth is, if it were a priority, I'd make it happen. I've done more difficult things than get my butt off the couch and exercise. Why does it seem so hard? I really don't know...but the important thing now is that (with your help and support) I'm going to make some changes. I measured myself this morning (I will spare you the details) and I will re-measure the first of every month and post the changes. Once a week I will post my weight. Of course when anything fun and exciting happens in life in between, I'll post updates then too. Thanks for reading, have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! It is hard to exercise for everyone, I think. I don't have the excuse that it is too hot here. It is too cold sometimes :)

    I know people who run and LOVE it - I just don't have the desire - weird?

    I know that when I do exercise I feel better, you'd think that would be enough motivation? I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete